Friday, December 18, 2015

On the ninth day of Christmas ...


Wine coasters by Angela Holbrook
It was a good thing I finished my cowl yesterday.
It came in very handy as I hunted round the garden for the cat early this morning. She had been out partying during the night but this time, the dog had blocked her cat door so she wailed until I woke to let her in.
Or at least, I think it was the dog who blocked her way - the flap was somehow wedged in its frame as if something had pushed through. And I swear those were trotter marks in the snow outside but I must be dreaming?
So sleep-deprived now - My True Love noticed that I'm turning forgetful and brought he something to make things better - wine coasters that stay with your glass. These intriguing cloth envelopes fit on the bottom of a stemmed wine glass so where it goes, so do they.
And at the end of the day, around nine pm for me, that last thing I want is to be reminded of my memory issues and then have to remember to wipe up drips!

One lidded treats jar,
Two toasty slippers,
Three wooden words of calm,
For free, a knitting pattern , 
Five boxed foxes, 
Six waving branches,
A seven seas salty seadog,
Eight piggywig toes,
Around nine for winetime, ...


Catch up with all the 12 days of Christmas posts!

No comments: