Thursday, December 4, 2014

On the first day of Christmas ...

Christmas 2014
bell by Myrta Hayes

I guess it's that time of year again, when My True Love gets all furtive and shifty with his retail moments. At least I can relax, knowing he's a Shop Local guy at heart, and he'll support our neighbourhood artists at the Blackberry Christmas Marketplace.
This year is a bit of a challenge for him, since we're moving house right before Christmas. Great timing eh?
So he understands that there is a bit of an embargo on buying stuff right now ... stuff that is difficult to pack, that is.
Anyway, I knew IT had started when he clanked into the sitting room last night, looking like he'd smuggled a goose in under his jacket. With a flourish, he pulls out the most beautiful ceramic bell I've ever seen from under his coat. Oh my!
"I won't miss dinner ever again," he says.
If I ever make dinner ever again, I mutter as I scramble after the cat, who took fright at the sudden peal to shred her way up the curtains.

Follow along with all our 12 days posts here.
Or subscribe to the newsletter so you don't miss any :)

No comments: