Sunday, June 1, 2014

June's Featured Artist: Del Holbrook

Headin' Home, Intarsia, by Del Holbrook
"Headin' Home," Intarsia, by Del Holbrook

This show features new pieces inspired by famous Intarsia artists.  The wood for these pieces is mostly Western Red Cedar augmented by some special exotic woods from my collection of found and unique woods given to me by my friends.

As I shape and carve the woods, the beautiful grain patterns that emerge from within the piece add immensely to the character and definition of the subject.  This hidden beauty is what keeps me interested enough to finish each piece.  The discovery after each knife cut or sanding session is invigorating and builds my desire to create further Intarsia pieces.

Please enjoy the show.

(Come on down to the Blackberry Gift Shop to see Del's exhibition this month. We are located in the Port Moody Arts Centre and are open seven days a week, from 12-4 p.m.)

Click here to see in browser and to watch slide show.

Lighthouse in Oval, Intarsia, by Del Holbrook
"Lighthouse in Oval," Intarsia, by Del Holbrook


No comments: