This month's featured artist is photographer, Alina Markiewicz. Alina has been a Blackberry member for a few years now and is responsible for the beautiful shop displays you see when visiting us.
Alina kindly answered some questions about her art for the blog.
- How long have you been an artist? — I've been a photographer for a little over thirty years.
- Where did you train? — Photographic association in Warsaw, Poland.
- Do you work in a studio or at home? — The world is my studio, usually outdoors.
- Do you work as an artist full-time, part-time, or do you squeeze in the creating as a hobby? — Mostly as a hobby, as a form of expression.
- Describe how a piece progresses, from first inspiration to finished object in the gift shop. — First as a photographer I look for inspiration connecting to the beauty that I see around me. Then it takes time to physically produce a silver print.
- What's your favourite piece to make? — Natural and city landscapes, people and their environments.
- Who inspires you, and why? — Ansel Adams, Diane Arbus, Fred Herzog and many other painters and photographers alike.